Candela is a Swedish tech company with the ultimate purpose to speed up the transition to fossil fuel-free lakes and oceans. We strive to re-think efficiency in marine transportation to radically push the performance boundaries of electric boats and ships.
By combining sensors, computers and advanced submerged hydrofoils, our electric craft fly above the water, reaching speeds and range previously attained only by fossil fuel powerboats.
Thanks to their remarkable performance, Candela’s craft are the best-selling electric boats on the market. Our first model, Candela C-7, quickly became Europe’s best-selling electric boat after its introduction in 2019. Its successor, the bigger C-8 day cruiser, outsold the C-7 just 3 months after launch. We are also venturing into professional watercraft with the revolutionary foiling P-12 Shuttle/Business/Voyager edition.
We are now looking for a Manufacturing Engineer - Assembly to support Candela’s growth ambitions.
In this role, you will be working with streamlining the assembly of Candela boats. In close collaboration with R&D, logistics and production specialists, you will define, build, and continuously develop the flows, processes, and methods used for assembling sub-assemblies and complete boats. You are handy and experienced in working with assembly processes and you have a good eye for potential improvements.
- Main technical responsible for defining and optimizing assembly processes
- Development of assembly lines and flows for efficient high-quality production
- Consulting R&D on design for manufacturability topics i.e. optimizing designs for quick and easy assembly
- Designing and sourcing of tools, jigs, fixtures
- Creating assembly instructions
- Leading non-conformity/deviation handling together with production and R&D
- Coordinating prototyping and test-assemblies
- Optimizing material flows together with logistics
- Engineering Degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Electrical
- You have proven experience in creating, developing, and optimizing assembly processes
- You have exceptional technical and analytical skills in Design for Manufacturability topics
- You are handy and good at assembling and fixing things
- You are good at leading continuous improvement efforts
- You are skilled in analyzing complex problems and systematically solving them within small teams
- You are a skilled listener and communicator
- You are good at gathering, structuring, and presenting information, both verbally and in writing
- You know how to create simple and easy to understand assembly instructions
- You feel comfortable using common CAD-tools, preferably CATIA/3DEXPERIENCE
Join a stellar team
By bringing together some of the world’s brightest researchers and engineers, we are pushing the boundaries of marine transportation. We take great pride in building engagement within our teams. Our internal motto is “with a revolutionary spirit and kindness”, which translates into an open and honest work environment – we have a lot of fun while working hard to achieve our goals.
We are a 200-strong, multinational team of experts within dynamic modelling, hardware design, hydrodynamics, control theory, machine learning, structural engineering work and production to build the next generation of waterborne transport. This is a full-time position at our production site in Rotebro, Stockholm. Working language is English, if you also know Swedish it will be a benefit for yourself, but it is not a prerequisite for the role.
The selection and interview process is ongoing, so please send your application in English as soon as it’s ready. Kindly note that we can not process applications sent via email.
We welcome the opportunity to get to know you!