Candela’s ultimate purpose is to speed up the transition to fossil fuel-free lakes and oceans. We strive to re-think efficiency in marine transportation to radically push the performance boundaries of electric boats and ships.
By combining sensors, computers and advanced submerged hydrofoils, our electric craft flies above the water, reaching range at speeds previously attained only by fossil fuel powerboats.
After launching Candela C-7, Europe’s currently best-selling electric boat, we launched Candela C-8 in August 2021, the first electric boat intended for high volume production. We are also venturing into public transport with the revolutionary foiling P-12 ferry, built for the city of Stockholm.
We are now looking for a trimmer/sander to support Candela’s growth ambitions.
- Sanding carbon fiber surfaces, primer and filler.
- Masking different carbon fiber parts.
- Paint carbon fiber parts with primer by using a roller.
- Maintaining technical equipment for the job and ensuring that they are in working order.
- Follow company guidelines and safety protocols.
To be successful in the role you probably:
You have previous experience from working as a painter in an industry environment where focus has been on finish and precision. You can learn fast and a willingness to be part of an ambitious team with a high working pace and short decision paths. Lastly, you think the products we are developing and producing are really cool!
- Experience of working in a hands-on environment where you need to use mask and protective suits for extended periods of time.
- Experience of working with handheld sanding machines.
- Ability to communicate in English (Swedish is a plus).
- To be physically allowed to work in an environment where you are exposed to dust particles and chemicals.
- To be able to stand for extended periods and work hands-on.
Join a stellar team
By bringing together some of the world’s brightest researchers and engineers, we are pushing the boundaries of marine transportation. We take great pride in building engagement within our teams. Our internal motto is “with a revolutionary spirit and kindness”, which translates into an open and honest work environment – work is hard but fun.
We are a 200-strong, multinational team of experts within dynamic modelling, hardware design, hydrodynamics, control theory, machine learning, structural engineering work and production to build the next generation of waterborne transport.
Start date: As soon as possible
Scope: Full-time - both during day and night, shift work.
Location: At our production facility in Rotebro, Sollentuna.
Form of employment: Permanent employment, 6 months trial period
The selection and interview process is ongoing, so send your application in English as soon as it’s ready. Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!