Candela’s ultimate purpose is to speed up the transition to fossil fuel-free lakes and oceans. We strive to re-think efficiency in marine transportation to radically push the performance boundaries of electric boats and ships.
By combining sensors, computers and advanced submerged hydrofoils, our electric craft fly above the water, reaching speeds and range previously attained only by fossil fuel powerboats.
Due to the launch of the C-8 and an increased demand of our boats we are scaling up the pace in production and are looking for Production workers to our hull, deck, and other carbon fibre parts production teams. The job is focusing on processing of carbon fibre components in different work methods, including vacuum infusion.
- Work in the mechanical workshop with pre-assembly of in-house designed mechanic components.
- Work in the boats with installation of mechanic components.
- Become an expert in the complete mechanic system belonging to the most advanced serial produced leisure boats today containing in-house designed.
- Pre-assembly and mounting different sub-systems of the boat.
- Repairing and solving the mechanical issues of the boat.
- Conducting quality control checks of the sub-system assembled in pre-assembly.
- Drive continuous improvement activities in quality, cycle times, cost reduction and process improvement.
Who are you?
If you equip yourself with the qualities of being detail-oriented, communicative, a team player and a quick learner, come on board with us. Your extreme attention to detail ensures precision and focus through effective planning. With strong communication skills, you interact seamlessly with colleagues from diverse backgrounds, creating a collaborative environment. As a committed team player, you strive in motivating and achieving shared goals. Your quick learning skills allow you to adapt well to new challenges.
To be successful in the role you need to:
- Have experience and knowledge in working with a wide range of mechanical systems.
- Be able to read and understand mechnical schematics/drawings.
- Have experience in production environments or similar hands-on work
- Have a high attention to detail and high-quality standards
- Be able to stand for extended periods and work hands-on
- Be able to communicate in English as it is required in your daily work
It is a bonus if you have:
- Experience of workshop tools such as trimming tools and saws
- Experience working with carbon fibre (or other composites) production, gelcoat, wet-lay-up or vacuum infusion
- A forklift license
Join a stellar team
By bringing together some of the world’s brightest researchers and engineers, we are pushing the boundaries of marine transportation. We take great pride in building engagement within our teams. Our internal motto is “with a revolutionary spirit and kindness”, which translates into an open and honest work environment – work is hard but fun.
We are a 70-strong, multinational team of experts within dynamic modelling, hardware design, hydrodynamics, control theory, machine learning, structural engineering work and production to build the next generation of waterborne transport.
Start date: As soon as possible
Location: At our production facility in Rotebro, Sollentuna.
Form of employment: Permanent employment, 6 months trial period
The selection and interview process is ongoing, so send your application in English shortly. Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.