Candela’s ultimate purpose is to speed up the transition to fossil fuel-free lakes and oceans. We strive to re-think efficiency in marine transportation to radically push the performance boundaries of electric boats and ships.
By combining sensors, computers and advanced submerged hydrofoils, our electric craft fly above the water, reaching speeds and range previously attained only by fossil fuel powerboats.
After launching Candela C-7, Europe’s currently best-selling electric boat, we launched Candela C-8 in August 2021, the first electric boat intended for high volume production. We are also venturing into public transport with the revolutionary foiling P-12 ferry, built for the city of Stockholm.
We are now looking for a Commissioning and Testing Technician to support Candela’s growth ambitions.
- Set-up and perform the final stage of the production process, commissioning and testing, for all vessels that are close to completion
- Commissioning entails the system start-up, software validation and calibration
- Testing entails performing real-life sea trails out in the water following a customer acceptance protocol.
- Follow the protocol for all issues found during the commission and testing stages and ensure they are resolved effectively.
- Ensure that all vessels meet the quality criteria before being handed over to Logistics.
- Review and update blueprints and instructions.
- Document your work according to company guidelines.
- Follow all safety protocols within the workshop and out at sea.
To be successful in the role you probably:
- Have a bachelor degree within disciplines such as Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level.
- Have experience in working with and troubleshooting mechanical and electrical systems, both for low and high voltage systems.
- Have a strong foundation when it comes to issue identification and problem solving.
- A strong attention to detail and high internal quality standards.
- Experience with workshop tools and diagnostics software.
- Experience in shopfloor environments.
- Experiene with beeing out on the water with leisure craft.
- Having a "B extended" and/or "C1E" driver's licence is a plus.
- Excellent English written, reading and oral skills, Swedish is a plus.
Join a stellar team
By bringing together some of the world’s brightest researchers and engineers, we are pushing the boundaries of marine transportation. We take great pride in building engagement within our teams. Our internal motto is “with a revolutionary spirit and kindness”, which translates into an open and honest work environment.
We are a 200 +, multinational team of experts within dynamic modelling, hardware design, hydrodynamics, control theory, machine learning, structural engineering work and production to build the next generation of waterborne transport.
This is a full-time position and the work will be carried out both at our Production facility in Rotebro, Sollentuna and at our Service Center in Gåshaga, Lidingö. Working language is English, if you also know Swedish it will be a benefit for yourself, but it is not a prerequisite for the role.
The selection and interview process is ongoing, so send your application in English as soon as it’s ready. Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!