Senior Test Leader
Candela’s ultimate purpose is to speed up the transition to fossil fuel-free lakes and oceans. We strive to re-think efficiency in marine transportation to radically push the performance boundaries of electric boats and ships.
By combining sensors, computers and advanced submerged hydrofoils, our electric craft flies above the water, reaching speeds and range previously attained only by fossil fuel powerboats.
After launching Candela C-7, Europe’s currently best-selling electric boat, we launched Candela C-8 in August 2021, the first electric boat intended for high volume production. We are also venturing into public transport with the revolutionary foiling P-12 ferry, built for the city of Stockholm.
We are now looking for a Senior Test Leader to support Candela’s growth ambitions. In this position, you will be part of a team with highly skilled engineers and technicians testing and validating subsystems as well as complete vessels. You will plan and execute on test strategy and ultimately contribute to the performance and reliability of Candela's products.
• Define, and be responsible for, test plans and methods
• Translate product requirements into test requirements
• Develop and create internal test reports
• Create issue reports and work with internal stakeholders to solve issues
• Work with external test facilities who are conducting tests
• Create and implement standards for product tests
• Participate in reviews
• Interact with relevant teams to perform testing tasks
To be successful in the role you probably:
• Have a relevant engineering degree
• Have at least 3-5 years of experience in testing, preferably within vehicles
• Are a hands-on person and ready to build up modules on the test bench
• Have experience working with standards and regulatory requirements
• Have driving license
• Have the ability to stay thorough and focused even in a high paced work environment
• Are a perseverant person with a goal-oriented and analytical mindset
Join a stellar team
By bringing together some of the world’s brightest researchers and engineers, we are pushing the boundaries of marine transportation. We take great pride in building engagement within our teams. Our internal motto is “with a revolutionary spirit and kindness”, which translates into an open and honest work environment.
We are a 150+, multinational team of experts within dynamic modelling, hardware design, hydrodynamics, control theory, machine learning, structural engineering work and production to build the next generation of waterborne transport.
This is a full-time position split between our headquarter in Frihamnen and test facility in Gåshaga. Working language is English, if you also know Swedish it will be a benefit for yourself, but it is not a prerequisite for the role.
The selection and interview process is ongoing, so send your application in English as soon as it’s ready. Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
- Research & Development
Come work alongside some of the best experts and leaders in technology and marine industries. We’re a diverse bunch of optimistic thinkers and doers from 35+ different nationalities, all committed to building electric vessels that will shape the future of waterborne transport. The task is immensely challenging, and therefore great fun. If you are curious, driven, and love to see the impact of your work in real life, then join us today!
About Candela | 100% Electric Boats
We are pushing the boundaries for what electric boats and ships can do. Join us on our mission.
Senior Test Leader
Loading application form
Already working at Candela | 100% Electric Boats?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.