Candela’s ultimate purpose is to speed up the transition to fossil fuel-free lakes and oceans. We strive to re-think efficiency in marine transportation to radically push the performance boundaries of electric boats and ships.
By combining sensors, computers and advanced submerged hydrofoils, our electric craft fly above the water, reaching speeds and range previously attained only by fossil fuel powerboats.
Due to the launch of the C-8 and an increased demand of our boats we are scaling up the pace in production and are looking for Production workers to our hull, deck, and other carbon fibre parts production teams. The job is focusing on processing of carbon fibre components in different work methods, including vacuum infusion.
- Produce, trim, assemble, and finish composite parts for our latest model
- Maintain equipment, molds, and tools
- Inspect components to ensure they meet specifications and delivery targets
- Document your work according to company guidelines
- Follow all safety protocols
- Review blueprints and instructions
Who are you?
You have experience from hands-on/practical work. Probably from a production site or a workshop where the focus has been on finish and precision. You have the ability to learn fast and a willingness to be part of a team with high working pace with short decision paths.
To be successful in the role you need:
- Experience in production environments or similar hands-on work
- Attention to detail and high-quality standards
- To be physically allowed to work in an environment where you are exposed to dust particles and chemicals
- To be able to stand for extended periods and work hands-on
- Be able to communicate in English as it is required in your daily work
It is a bonus if you have:
- Experience of workshop tools such as trimming tools and saws
- Experience working with carbon fibre (or other composites) production, gelcoat, wet-lay-up or vacuum infusion
- A forklift license
Join a stellar team
By bringing together some of the world’s brightest researchers and engineers, we are pushing the boundaries of marine transportation. We take great pride in building engagement within our teams. Our internal motto is “with a revolutionary spirit and kindness”, which translates into an open and honest work environment – work is hard but fun.
We are a 70-strong, multinational team of experts within dynamic modelling, hardware design, hydrodynamics, control theory, machine learning, structural engineering work and production to build the next generation of waterborne transport.
Start date: As soon as possible
Location: Gåshaga, Lidingö. We will move to new facilities in Rotebro during fall 2022. You need to be prepared to work from both facilities.
Form of employment: Permanent employment, 6 months trial period
The selection and interview process is ongoing, so send your application in English shortly. Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.