Candela’s ultimate purpose is to speed up the transition to fossil fuel-free lakes and oceans. We strive to re-think efficiency in marine transportation to radically push the performance boundaries of electric boats and ships.
By combining sensors, computers and advanced submerged hydrofoils, our electric craft fly above the water, reaching speeds and range previously attained only by fossil fuel powerboats.
We are currently scaling up our production and are therefore looking for a skilled mechanic. Could it be you?
The responsibilities of this role are:
- Install components on boats.
- Participate in pre-assembly duties within the mechanical workshop, assembling internally designed mechanical parts.
- Diagnose and resolve mechanical issues encountered in boat systems.
- Conduct quality assurance assessments on pre-assembled subsystems.
- Lead efforts to improve quality benchmarks, streamline production cycles, reduce expenses, and optimize procedures.
Who are you?
We value your meticulous attention to detail, which guarantees accuracy and efficiency in your planning and execution. Your adept communication skills enable smooth interaction with colleagues of varied backgrounds, fostering a collaborative atmosphere. Your ability to quickly grasp new concepts ensures seamless adaptation to evolving challenges. It is important that you are a problem-solver who enjoys working together with others.
You probably have..
- At least two years of experience working as a mechanic in a similar field.
- Be able to read and understand mechanical schematics/drawings.
- Are used to working hands-on, preferably in a producing organisation.
- Good experience of working with different types of power tools
- Be able to stand for extended periods and work hands-on
- Be able to communicate in English as it is required in your daily work
Join a stellar team
By bringing together some of the world’s brightest researchers and engineers, we are pushing the boundaries of marine transportation. We take great pride in building engagement within our teams. Our internal motto is “with a revolutionary spirit and kindness”, which translates into an open and honest work environment – work is hard but fun.
We are a multinational team of experts within dynamic modelling, hardware design, hydrodynamics, control theory, machine learning, structural engineering work and production to build the next generation of waterborne transport.
Start date: As soon as possible
Location: At our production facility in Rotebro, Sollentuna.
Form of employment: Permanent employment, 6 months trial period
Are you ready to be onboard? Send in your application today!