Candela’s ultimate purpose is to speed up the transition to fossil fuel-free lakes and oceans. We strive to re-think efficiency in marine transportation to radically push the performance boundaries of electric boats and ships.
By combining sensors, computers and advanced submerged hydrofoils, our electric craft fly above the water, reaching speeds and range previously attained only by fossil fuel powerboats.
Due to the launch of the C-8 and an increased demand of our boats we are scaling up the pace in production and are looking for Production workers to our hull, deck, and other carbon fibre parts production teams. The job is focusing on processing of carbon fibre components in different work methods, including vacuum infusion.
- Mounting of different sub-parts of the boat, including hatches, locking mechanisms and other parts.
- Conducting quality control processes within company standards.
- Write reports of findings and deviations.
- Washing, polishing and other final finishing tasks including wrapping and final packaging of the products.
- Priming and prepping for paint and using spray-painting to paint the surfaces.
Who are you?
If you equip yourself with the qualities of being detail-oriented, communicative, a team player and a quick learner, come on board with us. Your extreme attention to detail ensures precision and focus through effective planning. With strong communication skills, you interact seamlessly with colleagues from diverse backgrounds, creating a collaborative environment. As a committed team player, you strive in motivating and achieving shared goals.
To be successful in the role you need:
- Experience of working with spray priming/prepping/painting and fine painting in an industry environment.
- Experience of pre-assembly/assembly of parts and quality control.
- Ability to communicate in English (Swedish is a plus).
- To be physically allowed to work in an environment where you are exposed to dust particles and chemicals.
- To be able to stand for extended periods and work hands-on.
- A strong attention to detail and very devoted to the product.
It is a bonus if you have:
- Nautical experience or experience from working in the maritime industry.
- BE driver's license.
- Forklift license.
- Crane license.
Join a stellar team
By bringing together some of the world’s brightest researchers and engineers, we are pushing the boundaries of marine transportation. We take great pride in building engagement within our teams. Our internal motto is “with a revolutionary spirit and kindness”, which translates into an open and honest work environment – work is hard but fun.
We are a 90-strong, multinational team of experts within dynamic modelling, hardware design, hydrodynamics, control theory, machine learning, structural engineering work and production to build the next generation of waterborne transport.
Start date: As soon as possible
Location: At our service- and test center in Gåshaga, Lidingö. We also have a production facility in Rotebro, Sollentuna. You need to be prepared to work from both facilities.
Form of employment: Permanent employment, 6 months trial period
The selection and interview process is ongoing, so send your application in English shortly. Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.