Chief Operations Officer
Candela’s ultimate purpose is to speed up the transition to fossil fuel-free lakes and oceans. We strive to re-think efficiency in marine transportation to radically push the performance boundaries of electric boats and ships.
By combining sensors, computers and advanced submerged hydrofoils, our electric craft flies above the water, reaching speeds and range previously attained only by fossil fuel powerboats.
After launching Candela C-7, Europe’s currently best-selling electric boat, we launched Candela C-8 in August 2021, the first electric boat intended for high volume production. We are also venturing into public transport with the revolutionary foiling P-12 ferry, built for the city of Stockholm.
The role as COO is critical in order for Candela to accomplish their mission of scaling up the company. The succeeding COO will set the company's current and future structure regarding production.
Operations at Candela has grown rapidly the past year growing from a 25+ employee organization on Lidingö to a 100+ organization working from two sites, Lidingö and the new facility in Rotebro. The COO will set up clear processes and ensure that the right number of boats are produced with the right quality. The ideal COO must both manage, and optimize, Candelas current and future production.
- Substantial leadership role within production
- Ideally, at some point during your career, had ultimate responsibility for production and been part of a management team
- Experience of leading multicultural teams within production
- Preferably breadth regarding type of company, company size, industry and type of production
- Preferably breadth concerning type of production you understand and have experience from, such as mechanics, electronics and software
- Ideally understanding of, or better yet experience from, closely linked functions related to production, such as procurement and R&D. In order to understand the functions that are closely linked to operations.
- M.Sc. in Engineering or other relevant University Degree
- Analytical ability
- Strong drive, high working capacity
- Conscientious, passion for quality
- Hands-on and an ability to “roll up your sleeves”
- Comfortable in the management team as well as on the shopfloor
- Proven ability to successfully lead teams and to develop employees and management structures
- Ability to gain authority and impact cross functions and entities
- Clear when it comes to setting goals and to follow up
- Inspiring and supportive
- Strategic perspective with the ability to break down strategy to operational activities
- Down to earth, pragmatic
Join a stellar team
By bringing together some of the world’s brightest researchers and engineers, we are pushing the boundaries of marine transportation. We take great pride in building engagement within our teams. Our internal motto is “with a revolutionary spirit and kindness”, which translates into an open and honest work environment.
We are a 180+ multinational team of experts within dynamic modelling, hardware design, hydrodynamics, control theory, machine learning, structural engineering work and production to build the next generation of waterborne transport.
This is a full-time position working from our production facility in Rotebro, as well as our headquarter in Frihamnen, Stockholm. Working language is English, if you also know Swedish it will be a benefit for yourself, but it is not a prerequisite for the role.
The selection and interview process is ongoing, so send your application in English as soon as it’s ready. Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
- Production & Service
Come work alongside some of the best experts and leaders in technology and marine industries. We’re a diverse bunch of optimistic thinkers and doers from 35+ different nationalities, all committed to building electric vessels that will shape the future of waterborne transport. The task is immensely challenging, and therefore great fun. If you are curious, driven, and love to see the impact of your work in real life, then join us today!
About Candela | 100% Electric Boats
We are pushing the boundaries for what electric boats and ships can do. Join us on our mission.
Chief Operations Officer
Loading application form
Already working at Candela | 100% Electric Boats?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.