Candela’s ultimate purpose is to speed up the transition to fossil fuel-free lakes and oceans. We strive to re-think efficiency in marine transportation to radically push the performance boundaries of electric boats and ships.
By combining sensors, computers and advanced submerged hydrofoils, our electric craft fly above the water, reaching speeds and range previously attained only by fossil fuel powerboats.
After launching Candela C-7, Europe’s currently best-selling electric boat, we launched Candela C-8 in August 2021, the first electric boat intended for high volume production. We are also venturing into public transport with the revolutionary foiling P-12 ferry, built for the city of Stockholm.
We are now looking for a Simulation Software Engineer to support Candela’s growth ambitions.
About This Role
As a Simulation Software Engineer, you will be responsible for our fleet management simulation stack. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing software solutions that simulate and analyze fleet management operations. This role requires expertise in software development, data analysis, and problem-solving skills.
- Developing simulations for public transportation networks with varying load and capacity
- Developing and maintaining effective software solutions to support fleet management operations.
- Developing automated workflows to benchmark, analyse and compare fleet management optimization solutions
- Testing software to ensure its accuracy and reliability.
- Troubleshooting and resolving software issues.
- Creating technical documentation for software solutions.
- Collaborating with other teams to ensure software integration and compatibility.
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest technologies used in fleet management simulation software.
- Working in AGILE environment
- MS in Traffic and Transportation Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Proficiency in programming languages such as C++, Java, Python, etc
- Experience in Operations Research/Simulation
- Experience working in dockerized environments and following the best development practices.
- Experience in software development, preferably in fleet management simulation.
- In-depth knowledge of software development processes and technologies.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong English written & verbal communication skills.
- Experience in Fleet Routing Optimization
- Experience with open-source and commercial Discrete Optimization Solvers
- Experience in MATLAB and Simulink
Join a stellar team
By bringing together some of the world’s brightest researchers and engineers, we are pushing the boundaries of marine transportation. We take great pride in building engagement within our teams. Our internal motto is “with a revolutionary spirit and kindness”, which translates into an open and honest work environment.
We are a 190-strong, multinational team of experts within dynamic modelling, hardware design, hydrodynamics, control theory, machine learning, structural engineering work and production to build the next generation of waterborne transport.
This is a full-time position at our Headquarter in Frihamnen. Working language is English, if you also know Swedish it will be a benefit for yourself, but it is not a prerequisite for the role.
The selection and interview process is ongoing, so send your application in English as soon as it’s ready. Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!