Candela’s ultimate purpose is to speed up the transition to fossil fuel-free lakes and oceans. We strive to re-think efficiency in marine transportation to radically push the performance boundaries of electric boats and ships.
By combining sensors, computers and advanced submerged hydrofoils, our electric craft fly above the water, reaching speeds and range previously attained only by fossil fuel powerboats.
After launching Candela C-7, Europe’s currently best-selling electric boat, we recently launched Candela C-8, the first electric boat intended for high volume production. We are also venturing into public transport with the revolutionary foiling P-30 ferry, built for the city of Stockholm.
We are now looking for a Mechanical Engineer to support Candela’s growth ambitions.
The engineer’s responsibilities include design, analysis, sourcing, prototyping, testing, vehicle assembly validation, quality control, engineering documentation, and more. There will be opportunities to learn and improve these skills through experience in the team. The engineer should be able to readily apply mechanical engineering fundamentals to creatively solve problems and learn quickly while managing their projects independently. We are looking for someone who will go beyond the status quo to make the best product in terms of cost, mass, and performance. The engineer should be able to communicate clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical colleagues. Hands-on experience is a major plus for engineering development work and addressing production issues. Experience with electromechanical systems is a plus. Some travel to suppliers may be required, including international travel.
- Develop and optimize designs in 3D CAD software with associated CAE tools
- Validate manufacturing, assembly, and service feasibility
- Complete and release component designs and documentation, including 2D drawings
- Validate components per defined engineering requirements
- Resolve issues and concerns with cross-functional teams including engineering, firmware, supply chain, production, and service
- Participate in the sourcing process and manage engineering relationships with suppliers
- Deliver to defined schedules
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, preferably a Master’s degree.
- Proven hands-on experience from developing mechanical systems with moving components and various machine elements
- Proficiency in 3D CATIA software, preferable Catia V5
- Knowledge of basic manufacturing such as machining, sheet metal, and welding
- Well organized with ability to plan and schedule your own workload
- Experience with performing design, analysis, fabrication, and/or test activities
- Experience with component design, analysis and validation
- Experience of component optimization on weight, strength and cost
- Ability to create complete drawings for RFQ and final manufacturing
Join a stellar team
By bringing together some of the world’s brightest researchers and engineers, we are pushing the boundaries of marine transportation. We take great pride in building engagement within our teams. Our internal motto is “with a revolutionary spirit and kindness”.
We are a 150+ strong, multinational team of experts within dynamic modelling, hardware design, hydrodynamics, control theory, machine learning, structural engineering work and production to build the next generation of waterborne transport.
This is a full-time position at our Headquarter in Frihamnen, Stockholm. Working language is English, if you also know Swedish it will be a benefit for yourself, but it is not a prerequisite for the role.
Please send your application in English as soon as it’s ready. Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
We welcome the opportunity to get to know you!
- Research & Development
Come work alongside some of the best experts and leaders in technology and marine industries. We’re a diverse bunch of optimistic thinkers and doers from 35+ different nationalities, all committed to building electric vessels that will shape the future of waterborne transport. The task is immensely challenging, and therefore great fun. If you are curious, driven, and love to see the impact of your work in real life, then join us today!
About Candela | 100% Electric Boats
We are pushing the boundaries for what electric boats and ships can do. Join us on our mission.
Loading application form
Already working at Candela | 100% Electric Boats?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.