Candela’s ultimate purpose is to speed up the transition to fossil fuel-free lakes and oceans. We strive to re-think efficiency in marine transportation to radically push the performance boundaries of electric boats and ships.
By combining sensors, computers and advanced submerged hydrofoils, our electric craft flies above the water, reaching speeds and range previously attained only by fossil fuel powerboats.
After launching Candela C-7, Europe’s currently best-selling electric boat, we launched Candela C-8 in August 2021, the first electric boat intended for high volume production. We are also venturing into public transport with the revolutionary foiling P-12 ferry, built for the city of Stockholm.
We are now looking for a Director Quality to support Candela’s growth ambitions. The Director Quality will lead the implementation of culture and practice excellence throughout the entire value chain of the organization, to secure high-quality output.
We are now looking for a manager to lead the quality development and governance at Candela. You are welcomed into fast growing company where you have a great opportunity to develop your own role and team.
- Manage a team of quality specialists as well as the global responsibility for the quality processes
- Internal audits, non-conformance management and quality data analytics
- Drive continuous improvements together with your team
- Implementation of quality processes
- Strong emphasis on hands on quality work - working with production/site managers as well R&D functions
- Define and implement Q-standards adapted to local markets where needed
- Ability to capture key quality KPIs
- Evaluate and follow up the project quality requirements in conjunction with the engineering team
- Review suppliers’ inspection test plan and all QA/QC documentation
- You are a leader who likes working with developing, motivating, and coaching your team
- Bachelor or Master’s in Engineering, preferably Manufacturing, Process or Quality management
- Several years of experience from quality management
- Strong personal operational experience within quality management, preferably from the manufacturing industry
- Proven track record of running quality projects in a manufacturing environment, with high demands on technical understanding, in a successful way
- We highly value your personality and see that you have a positive and pro-active mindset and like to work in teams
- You are a good communicator, structured and analytical
- +10 years of experience from working with quality
Good to have
- Good understanding of Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing concepts
- Knowledge of ISO standards 9001, 14001, 45001
Join a stellar team
By bringing together some of the world’s brightest researchers and engineers, we are pushing the boundaries of marine transportation. We take great pride in building engagement within our teams. Our internal motto is “with a revolutionary spirit and kindness”, which translates into an open and honest work environment.
We are a 150+, multinational team of experts within dynamic modelling, hardware design, hydrodynamics, control theory, machine learning, structural engineering work and production to build the next generation of waterborne transport.
This is a full-time position working from our headquarter in Frihamnen as well as our production facility in Rotebro. Working language is English, if you also know Swedish it will be a benefit for yourself, but it is not a prerequisite for the role.
The selection and interview process is ongoing, so send your application in English as soon as it’s ready. Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
- Research & Development
Come work alongside some of the best experts and leaders in technology and marine industries. We’re a diverse bunch of optimistic thinkers and doers from 35+ different nationalities, all committed to building electric vessels that will shape the future of waterborne transport. The task is immensely challenging, and therefore great fun. If you are curious, driven, and love to see the impact of your work in real life, then join us today!
About Candela | 100% Electric Boats
We are pushing the boundaries for what electric boats and ships can do. Join us on our mission.
Loading application form
Already working at Candela | 100% Electric Boats?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.