Candela’s ultimate purpose is to speed up the transition to fossil fuel-free lakes and oceans. We strive to re-think efficiency in marine transportation to radically push the performance boundaries of electric boats and ships.
By combining sensors, computers and advanced submerged hydrofoils, our electric craft fly above the water, reaching speeds and range previously attained only by fossil fuel powerboats.
After launching Candela C-7, Europe’s currently best-selling electric boat, we launched Candela C-8 in August 2021, the first electric boat intended for high volume production. We are also venturing into public transport with the revolutionary foiling P-30 ferry, built for the city of Stockholm.
We are now looking for a H&S and Facility Manager to support Candela’s growth ambitions.
About this role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a permanent H&S and Facility Manager to support Candela’s Production sites in Sweden.
This is a challenging and varied role including both Health and Safety compliance and facility management.
You will have the responsibility for all aspects of the H&S function and compliance with relevant health and safety regulations. It includes providing professional advice, guidance and training to managers and staff on risk assessment, accident prevention and H&S management. You will conduct H&S investigations and monitor follow up actions. You will be central to employee wellbeing by creating a safe work environment and encouraging a positive culture of H&S management and compliance using to drive this service improvement.
Additionally, you will oversee the maintenance and operation of our production facilities to ensure all facilities are functioning optimally and safely. Duties include managing maintenance, building checks, negotiating with suppliers, contractor management and office moves.
- Compile safety programs and practice safe working techniques.
- Develop, implement, and maintain health and safety standards.
- Maintain compliance with all safety regulations by developing and implemeting safety procedures and trainings.
- Standardize health and safety in order to remain consistent and promote safety initiatives
- Identify hazardous waste and disposing of it correctly.
- Regularly inspect equipment to ensure its safe operation
- Taking the lead role in facility topics for our production facility that are not specifically production related. Monitor work processes and procedures to identify unsafe practices or breach of safety regulations
- Keeping the building in a state of excellent repair, liaising with various stakeholders, Office Manager and Production Manager
To be successful in the role you need:
- At least 2+ years of work experience in a similar role focusing on Health and Safety within a manufacturing setting
- Knowledge about Swedish safety regulations and to be able to work according to the SAM (Systematiskt Arbetsmiljöarbete) framework
- Experience with chemical datasheets, handling, regulations, and incident prevention
- To be able to take responsibility and lead our efforts when it comes to manufacturing, chemical and fire safety
- The ability to develop safe operational strategies and solutions within a cross-functional section without direct authority
- A demonstrated ability to take small project from idea all the way to implementation
- Excellent English written, reading and oral skills, Swedish is a requirement.
- Experience in high growth startup environments is a plus
- Approximately Rotebro 4 days per week, Gåshaga 1 day per week
Join a stellar team
By bringing together some of the world’s brightest researchers and engineers, we are pushing the boundaries of marine transportation. We take great pride in building engagement within our teams. Our internal motto is “with a revolutionary spirit and kindness”, which translates into an open and honest work environment.
We are a 80-strong, multinational team of experts within dynamic modelling, hardware design, hydrodynamics, control theory, machine learning, structural engineering work and production to build the next generation of waterborne transport.
The selection and interview process is ongoing, so send your application as soon as it’s ready. Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!