Candela’s ultimate purpose is to speed up the transition to fossil fuel-free lakes and oceans. We strive to re-think efficiency in marine transportation to radically push the performance boundaries of electric boats and ships.
By combining sensors, computers and advanced submerged hydrofoils, our electric craft flies above the water, reaching speeds and range previously attained only by fossil fuel powerboats.
After launching Candela C-7, Europe’s currently best-selling electric boat, we launched Candela C-8 in August 2021, the first electric boat intended for high volume production. We are also venturing into public transport with the revolutionary foiling P-12 ferry, built for the city of Stockholm.
We are now looking for a Strategy & Operations Manager - Manufacturing to support Candela’s growth ambitions.
- Set the manufacturing strategy for Candela in terms of insourcing/outsourcing, footprint, and financial investments
- Ensure the strategy is being executed accordingly by acting as the project management office for Candela’s Operations department
- Lead and/or support several key projects on an ongoing basis
- Assist the COO in the creation of research, materials, content, and presentations
- Translate practical needs into technical and/or business requirements
- Provide input into the broader companywide strategy
To be successful in the role:
- At least 2+ years of work experience in consulting firms or top-level companies
- Bachelor’s degree within disciplines such as Engineering, Business, Management or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level
- A strong consulting skillset: creative and hypothesis-led problem solving, framing and communicating complex ideas, thinking strategically, excellent numerical skills
- Strong business acumen and application of company priorities
- The ability to demonstrate leadership, proactivity, productivity, valuable contribution to a team, personal learning, evidence of outperforming peers and exceptional drive and commitment
- Ability to influence cross-functionally without direct authority
- Demonstrated ability to take a project from ideation through to implementation
- Excellent written, verbal, and technical communicator
- Excellent English written, reading and oral skills, Swedish is a plus.
- Experience in high growth startup environments is a plus
Join a stellar team
By bringing together some of the world’s brightest researchers and engineers, we are pushing the boundaries of marine transportation. We take great pride in building engagement within our teams. Our internal motto is “with a revolutionary spirit and kindness”, which translates into an open and honest work environment.
We are a 100 + multinational team of experts within dynamic modelling, hardware design, hydrodynamics, control theory, machine learning, structural engineering work and production to build the next generation of waterborne transport.
This is a full-time position at our Headquarter in Frihamnen Stockholm & our Production site in Rotebro. Working language is English, if you also know Swedish it will be a benefit for yourself, but it is not a prerequisite for the role.
The selection and interview process is ongoing, so send your application in English as soon as it’s ready. Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!