The Swedish tech company Candela’s ultimate purpose is to speed up the transition to fossil fuel-free lakes and oceans. We strive to re-think efficiency in marine transportation, radically pushing the performance boundaries of electric boats and ships. By combining sensors, computers and advanced submerged hydrofoils, our electric craft fly above the water, reaching speeds and range previously attained only by fossil fuel powerboats.
With over 100 orders for the new Candela C-8 daycruiser, the company is now leading electric boat sales in Europe thanks to the unique combination of speed, silence, and long, all-electric range. However, the majority of new customers are from the US, making the American powerboat market a key target for Candela.
Candela opened its first US headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area. This California location expands Candela’s presence in the US market, joining centers in Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Italy, and France. We are now looking for an experienced and highly motivated Sales Director to join our US team. This will be a full time position based at our Sausalito office.
- Responsible for sales, market analysis, and client communications, fueling all US sales in both the B2B and B2C markets
- Ownership of the complete sales process – from prospecting to closing deals
- Identify key growth opportunities within the US market and other segments
- Acquire and maintain new and continuing client relationships and collaborations, independently working to reach sales & profitability targets
- Work with and manage any sales partners to meet goals and contracts
- Track and execute all portions of the sales process, including contract negotiation
- Understand and effectively communicate Candela’s value prop, product, technology, processes and current partnerships – you will need to become an “expert” on Candela’s product
- Analyze KPI’s, pipeline and lead data; deliver periodic reporting to senior and mid-management
- Contribute to the international Candela marketing and sales teams.
To be successful in the role:
- You are a driven person, with a passion for speeding up the shift towards a fossil-fuel free future
- You are creative and sustainably minded
- You have a bachelor's degree in business, sales or a relevant area of study (Master’s preferred) AND 5+ years of experience
- Demonstratable experience as head of sales, including high level presentation and communication skills and ability to drive the sales process
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with management and cross-functional teams, for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Have experience in developing proposals, business cases, and complex sale negotiation is required
- Proven track record in developing trustworthy and successful relationships with customers
- You have genuine interest and understanding of the tech industry and premium technological products
- You feel comfortable in a dynamic and constantly developing environment
- You have a positive attitude: no job too big, no job too small
- Ability to work autonomously as well as with an international team
- Boating experience or knowledge of the boating industry is a plus
Preferred San Francisco Bay Area residency with ability to travel to Sausalito Office.
To apply you need to be a resident of California and a Green Card holder or a U.S. Citizen.
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare Options
- Stock Options
- 401k matching
Join a stellar team
By bringing together some of the world’s brightest researchers and engineers, we are pushing the boundaries of marine transportation. We take great pride in building engagement within our teams. Our internal motto is “with a revolutionary spirit and kindness”, which translates into an open and honest work environment.
We are a 80-strong, multinational team of experts within dynamic modelling, hardware design, hydrodynamics, control theory, machine learning, structural engineering work and production to build the next generation of waterborne transport.
This is a full-time position at our Headquarter and production facility in Gåshaga, Lidingö. But we will be moving within the Stockholm area during 2022. Working language is English, if you also know Swedish it will be a benefit for yourself, but it is not a prerequisite for the role.
The selection and interview process is ongoing, so send your application in English as soon as it’s ready. Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!