Candela’s ultimate purpose is to speed up the transition to fossil fuel-free lakes and oceans. We strive to re-think efficiency in marine transportation to radically push the performance boundaries of electric boats and ships.
By combining sensors, computers and advanced submerged hydrofoils, our electric craft flies above the water, reaching speeds and range previously attained only by fossil fuel powerboats.
After launching Candela C-7, Europe’s currently best-selling electric boat, we launched Candela C-8 in August 2021, the first electric boat intended for high volume production. We are also venturing into public transport with the revolutionary foiling P-12 ferry, built for the city of Stockholm.
A mechanic is an artisan, skilled tradesperson, or technician who uses tools to build, maintain, or repair mechanical systems
- Work in the mechanical workshop with pre-assembly of in-house designed mechanic components.
- Work in the boats with installation of mechanic components.
- Become an expert in the complete mechanic system belonging to the most advanced serial produced leisure boats today containing in-house designed.
- Preassembly and mounting the foil system of the boat.
- Repairing and solving the issues of the mechanic system of the boat.
- Drive continuous improvement activities in quality, cycle times, cost reduction and process improvement.
Who are you:
You have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to stay thorough and focused by being organized and well structured. You enjoy interacting with people with a wide range of backgrounds and experience and can motivate and achieve results through others. And most importantly, you think the products we are developing and producing are cool.
To be successful in the role you need to:
- You have experience and knowledge in working with a wide range of mechanic systems.
- You have experience or at least a strong interest in mechanic system
It is a bonus if you have:
Experience of working in the boating industry.
Join a stellar team:
By bringing together some of the world’s brightest researchers and engineers, we are pushing the boundaries of marine transportation. We take great pride in building engagement within our teams. We laugh a lot and have fun at work but take what we do and our mission seriously. Our internal motto is “with a revolutionary spirit and kindness,” which translates into an open and honest work environment – work is hard but fun. We support each other and prioritize team efforts over individual prestige.
Start date: As soon as possible
Location: Gåshaga, Lidingö. We will move to new facilities in Rotebro during autumn 2022.
Form of employment: Permanent employment, 6 months trial period
The selection and interview process are ongoing, so send your application in English shortly. Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!