Candela’s ultimate purpose is to speed up the transition to fossil fuel-free lakes and oceans. We strive to re-think efficiency in marine transportation to radically push the performance boundaries of electric boats and ships.
By combining sensors, computers and advanced submerged hydrofoils, our electric craft fly above the water, reaching speeds and range previously attained only by fossil fuel powerboats.
After launching Candela C-7, Europe’s currently best-selling electric boat, we recently launched Candela C-8, the first electric boat intended for high volume production. We are also venturing into public transport with the revolutionary foiling P-30 ferry, built for the city of Stockholm.
We are now looking for highly motivated Aftermarket Director to support Candela’s growth ambitions.
You will be leading a growing team of three service and support technicians. The main focus is to scale our aftermarket organization to provide services globally to the whole Candela fleet. The aftermarket department operates globally, with customers and partners in EU, USA, Middle East and Oceania.
- Develop and build Candela’s global aftermarket department
- Set the long-term aftermarket strategy and drive its implementation
- Direct service operations and technicians for project execution, commissioning support, claim investigation and operational support
- Direct the aftermarket group to ensure effective service, timely quotations and sales execution through the implementation of processes, procedures and world-class best practices
- Manage global deliveries to customers and partners
- Manage and build relationships with customers, maintenance companies, authorized service partners and associated channels to promote company brand and identify aftermarket sales/service opportunities
- Be the voice of the customer towards the rest of Candela to further improve our product and services
- Oversee technical training and development of the team to provide tools and processes for excellent service
- Develop business plans, revenue forecasts, budgets, organizations and metrics consistent with a customer-centric and profitable organization and manage aftermarket group to achieve desired results
To be successful in your role you need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Proven track record of having developed and run an effective service and aftersales organization
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- The ability to drive change and establish operational structure
- Result-oriented and self-motivated with an entrepreneurial mindset; must have a strong work ethic and passion for continuous improvement and a self-starter mentality
- Exceptional leadership, business acumen, communication, and presentation skills with a take-charge personality and ability to build, influence, lead and motivate effective teams towards end results
- Be willing to travel to customers globally for deliveries, repairs and service partner visits.
- Excellent communication skills in English
- A team-oriented attitude
- Boating experience is a plus
Join a stellar team
By bringing together some of the world’s brightest researchers and engineers, we are pushing the boundaries of marine transportation. We take great pride in building engagement within our teams. Our internal motto is “with a revolutionary spirit and kindness”, which translates into an open and honest work environment – work is hard but fun.
We are a 100-strong, multinational team of experts within dynamic modelling, hardware design, hydrodynamics, control theory, machine learning, structural engineering work and production to build the next generation of waterborne transport.
This is a full-time position working mainly from our facility in Gåshaga/Stockholm but also from our headquarter in Frihamnen/Stockholm and production facility in Rotebro. Working language is English.
The selection and interview process is ongoing, so send your application in English as soon as it’s ready. Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!