Candela’s ultimate purpose is to speed up the transition to fossil fuel-free lakes and oceans. We strive to re-think efficiency in marine transportation to radically push the performance boundaries of electric boats and ships. By combining sensors, computers and advanced submerged hydrofoils, our electric craft fly above the water, reaching speeds and range previously attained only by fossil fuel powerboats.
After launching Candela C-7, Europe’s currently best-selling electric boat, we launched Candela C-8 in August 2021, the first electric boat intended for high volume production. We are also venturing into public transport with the revolutionary foiling P-30 ferry, built for the city of Stockholm.
We are now looking for an Autonomous Driving DevOps Engineer to support Candela’s growth ambitions.
As an Autonomous Driving DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for our Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD) stack. You will work on a small, highly focused team developing high-quality software that powers the next generation of our autonomous boats, operating in complex open water/sea and harbor environments. Core responsibilities include:
- Selecting and deploying appropriate CI/CD tools
- Setting up tools and required infrastructure
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Testing and examining code written by others and analysing results
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and ‘fixes’
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Incidence management and root cause analysis
- Monitoring and measuring development KPIs
- Coordination and communication within the team and with customers
- Managing periodic reporting on the progress to the management and the customer
- Working in AGILE environment
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in different Continuous Integration (CI) platforms
- Experience in GitHub Actions
- Solid knowledge in Embedded Linux
- Solid knowledge in Docker for x86 and ARM architecture
- Solid knowledge in deploying software on ARM-GPU[CUDA] architecture
- 3+ years experience writing C++ code in a production environment - unit testing, code review, algorithm performance and tradeoffs, architecture, etc.
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience working with ROS
- Exposure to modern software development version control and project management tools - Git, Jira, etc.
- Strong English written & verbal communication skills
- Experience in Cameras, Lidars and Radars
- Experience in ROS2
- Experience with safety-critical, real-time mobile autonomous robotic vehicles
- Proficiency in MATLAB is a plus
Join a stellar team
By bringing together some of the world’s brightest researchers and engineers, we are pushing the boundaries of marine transportation. We take great pride in building engagement within our teams. Our internal motto is “with a revolutionary spirit and kindness”, which translates into an open and honest work environment.
We are a 80-strong, multinational team of experts within dynamic modelling, hardware design, hydrodynamics, control theory, machine learning, structural engineering work and production to build the next generation of waterborne transport.
This is a full-time position at our Headquarter and production facility in Gåshaga, Lidingö. But we will be moving within the Stockholm area during 2022. Working language is English, if you also know Swedish it will be a benefit for yourself, but it is not a prerequisite for the role.
The selection and interview process is ongoing, so send your application in English as soon as possible. Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!