Candela’s ultimate purpose is to speed up the transition to fossil fuel-free lakes and oceans. We strive to re-think efficiency in marine transportation to radically push the performance boundaries of electric boats and ships.
By combining sensors, computers and advanced submerged hydrofoils, our electric craft fly above the water, reaching speeds and range previously attained only by fossil fuel powerboats.
After launching Candela C-7, Europe’s currently best-selling electric boat, we launched Candela C-8 in August 2021, the first electric boat intended for high volume production. We are also venturing into public transport with the revolutionary foiling P-30 ferry, built for the city of Stockholm.
We are now looking for a Financial Controller to support Candela’s growth ambitions.
As a Financial controller at Candela, you will work in a broad role with focus on financial statements, reporting as well as act as the financial partner for colleagues within the organization. You will participate and drive improvement of processes, routines and system support. You will report to the CFO and work closely with the rest of the Candela team. Today we have a strong partner for accounting and payroll which you will both support and lead.
- Financial follow-up of different projects within Candela including both R&D and Production
- Ongoing invoice and AP management and administration of agreements
- Structure and develop financial routines and processes
- Available as support for external accounting partners and auditors
- Support with the annual budget process
- Support CFO with forecasts and models for revenue and expenses
- Year-end work and reporting of financial results (P&L, BS and cash flow), as well as preparation of annual report in collaboration with accounting firm
- Continuously monitor results and balance sheets, both monthly and quarterly
- Work with department heads to understand their financial needs and support with reports and forecasts
- Prepare fixed asset/capital expenditure accounting and reporting
To be successful in the role:
- BSc in Economics/Finance or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Today you probably work as an auditor, accountant or accounting consultant
- You have an interest in systems and are used to working in Excel
- You are structured with attention to detail
- You are an analytical, goal-oriented and productive person with a can-do attitude
- Good communicator who can easily connect with employees within the organization
- You are fluent in both Swedish and English, both orally and in writing
Join a stellar team
By bringing together some of the world’s brightest researchers and engineers, we are pushing the boundaries of marine transportation. We take great pride in building engagement within our teams. Our internal motto is “with a revolutionary spirit and kindness”, which translates into an open and honest work environment – work is hard but fun.
We are a 60-strong, multinational team of experts within dynamic modelling, hardware design, hydrodynamics, control theory, machine learning, structural engineering work and production to build the next generation of waterborne transport.
This is a full-time position at our Headquarter and production facility in Gåshaga, Lidingö, but we will move to Frihamnen during the spring.
The selection and interview process is ongoing, so send your application in English as soon as it’s ready. Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!