Candela’s ultimate purpose is to speed up the transition to fossil fuel-free lakes and oceans. We strive to re-think efficiency in marine transportation to radically push the performance boundaries of electric boats and ships.
By combining sensors, computers and advanced submerged hydrofoils, our electric craft fly above the water, reaching speeds and range previously attained only by fossil fuel powerboats.
After launching Candela C-7, Europe’s currently best-selling electric boat, we just launched Candela C-8, the first electric boat intended for high volume production. We are also venturing into public transport with the revolutionary foiling P-30 ferry, built for the city of Stockholm.
Due to the launch of the C-8 and an increased demand of our boats we are scaling up the service team. We are now looking for a Service and support technician to join the Candela team.
- On site service of boats in our facility on Lidingö
- Field service of boats in Sweden and eventually abroad
- Local and global online support
- Transport of boats on trailer in Sweden including launching and sea transport
- Documentation of service issues
- Sea trials and extended testing of production boats
- Maintenance of boats (washing, polishing, preparing for winter storage)
To be successful in the role:
Documented experience as service technician. Experience from the marine or automotive sector is a plus
- Understanding of components such as batteries, chargers and control electronics
- Boating experience
- Be able to carry out service independently in our facility and in field
- Be able to run support online and over the phone in English
- Excellent communication skills and team-oriented attitude
- Experience in shopfloor environments
- To be physically allowed to work in an environment where you are exposed to dust particles and chemicals
- To be able to work on call answering support questions during some weekends
- BE driver’s license and forklift license are a plus
Join a stellar team
By bringing together some of the world’s brightest researchers and engineers, we are pushing the boundaries of marine transportation. We take great pride in building engagement within our teams. Our internal motto is “with a revolutionary spirit and kindness”, which translates into an open and honest work environment – work is hard but fun.
We are a 60-strong, multinational team of experts within dynamic modelling, hardware design, hydrodynamics, control theory, machine learning, structural engineering work and production to build the next generation of waterborne transport.
This is a full-time position at our Headquarter and production facility in Gåshaga, Lidingö, but we will move within the Stockholm area with time. Working language is English, if you also know Swedish it will be a benefit for yourself, but it is not a prerequisite for the role.
The selection and interview process is ongoing, so send your application in English as soon as it’s ready. Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!