Candela’s ultimate purpose is to speed up the transition to fossil fuel-free lakes and oceans. We strive to re-think efficiency in marine transportation to radically push the performance boundaries of electric boats and ships.
By combining sensors, computers and advanced submerged hydrofoils, our electric craft fly above the water, reaching speeds and range previously attained only by fossil fuel powerboats.
Due to the launch of the C-8 and an increased demand of our boats we are scaling up the pace in production and are looking for Production workers to our hull, deck and other carbon fibre parts production teams. The job is focusing on processing of carbon fibre components in different work methods, including vacuum infusion.
- Produce, trim, assemble, and finish composite parts for our latest model
- Maintain equipment, moulds and tools
- Inspect components to ensure they meet specifications and delivery targets
- Document your work according to company guidelines
- Follow all safety protocols
- Review blueprints and instructions
Who are you?
You have experience from hands-on/practical work. Probably from a production site or a workshop where the focus has been on finish and precision. You have the ability to learn fast and a willingness to be part of a team with high working pace with short decision paths. Experience within carbon fibre (or other composites) and from using CNC is qualifying but not a must. You need to be able to communicate well in English.
To be successful in the role you need:
- Experience in shopfloor environments
- Attention to detail and high quality standards
- Experience with workshop tools such as trimming tools and saws
- To be physically allowed to work in an environment where you are exposed to dust particles and chemicals
- To be able to stand for extended periods and work hands-on
- Experience working with composite production, gelcoat, wet-lay-up or vacuum infusion is a plus
- Having a forklift license is a plus
- Be able to communicate in English.
Join a stellar team
We are a 50-strong, multinational team of experts within dynamic modelling, hardware design, hydrodynamics, control theory, machine learning, structural engineering work and production to build the next generation of waterborne transport.
This is a full-time position at our headquarter and production facility at Gåshaga, Lidingö. Working language is English.
The selection and interview process is ongoing, so send your application in English shortly. We hope you can start as soon as possible. Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.