Candela’s ultimate purpose is to speed up the transition to fossil fuel-free lakes and oceans. We strive to re-think efficiency in marine transportation to radically push the performance boundaries of electric boats and ships.
By combining sensors, computers and advanced submerged hydrofoils, our electric craft fly above the water, reaching speeds and range previously attained only by fossil fuel powerboats.
After launching Candela C-7, Europe’s currently best-selling electric boat, we are venturing into public transport with the revolutionary foiling P-30 ferry, built for the city of Stockholm.
We are now looking for a highly motivated Perception Algorithm Engineer to support Candela’s Autonomous Driving Team.
About This Role
As a Perception Algorithm Engineer, you will be responsible for our perception stack's key components. You will work on a small, highly focused team developing high-quality software that powers the next generation of our autonomous boats operating in complex open water/sea and harbor environments.
- Design and development of Perception Models using AI and Sensors Fusion Techniques
- Integrate and fuse different type of sensors like: Cameras, Radars, Lidars, etc...
- Test and deploy developed algorithms in simulation environments as well as on production boats
- Working in AGILE environment
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working with ROS to design, build, and operate robotic systems
- 3+ years experience writing C++ code in a production environment -- unit testing, code review, algorithm performance and tradeoffs, architecture, etc.
- Proficiency in Python
- Solid knowledge of Sensors Fusion Techniques
- Solid knowledge in Objects Tracking Techniques
- Good knowledge in dealing with Cameras, Radars and Lidars
- Basic knowledge of vehicle/robot kinematics/dynamics
- Demonstrated math skills including geometry, linear algebra, probability, etc.
- Exposure to modern software development version control and project management tools - Git, Jira, etc.
- Strong English written & verbal communication skills
- Experience in ROS2
- Experience with safety-critical, real-time mobile autonomous robotic vehicles
- Knowledge/experience of machine learning, decision making, or controls is a plus
- Proficiency in MATLAB is a plus
- Experience building infrastructure for regression testing, performance validation, and system maintenance
Join a stellar team
By bringing together some of the world’s brightest researchers and engineers, we are pushing the boundaries of marine transportation. We take great pride in building engagement within our teams. Our internal motto is “with a revolutionary spirit and kindness”, which translates into an open and honest work environment – work is hard but fun.
We are a 50-strong, multinational team of experts within dynamic modelling, hardware design, hydrodynamics, control theory, machine learning, structural engineering work and production to build the next generation of waterborne transport.
This is a full-time position at our Headquarter and production facility in Gåshaga, Lidingö. Working language is English, if you also know Swedish it will be a benefit for yourself, but it is not a prerequisite for the role.
The selection and interview process is ongoing, so send your application in English as soon as it’s ready. Primary location is our Headquarter and production facility in Gåshaga, Lidingö. Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!