As a team we are very diverse, covering 11 nationalities and specialties ranging from electronics design to composite lamination. We love and are 100% focused on what we do, but are at the same time conscious about finding an acceptable balance with our lives outside Candela. And being good to each other is key – work is hard but should be fun. Candela is a great place to work. And an insanely cool Product.
Candela’s ultimate purpose is to speed up the transition to fossil fuel-free lakes and oceans. We strive to re-think efficiency in marine transportation to radically push the performance boundaries of electric boats and ships.
By combining sensors, computers and advanced submerged hydrofoils, our electric craft fly above the water, reaching speeds and range previously attained only by fossil fuel powerboats.
After launching Candela C-7, Europe’s currently best-selling electric boat, we just launched Candela C-8, the first electric boat intended for high volume production. We are also venturing into public transport with the revolutionary foiling P-30 ferry, built for the city of Stockholm.
Due to the launch of the C-8 and an increased demand of our boats we are scaling up the pace in production and are looking for a Composite Gelcoat Technician to join the Candela team.
- Introduce carbon fibre gelcoat part production into Candela’s production process
- Define the gelcoat part production process and needs for implementation
- Produce, trim, assemble, and finish composite parts for our latest model
- Review blueprints and instructions
- Inspect components to ensure they meet specifications and delivery targets
- Maintain equipment, moulds and tools
- Document your work according to company guidelines
- Follow all safety protocols
To be successful in the role you need:
- A High school diploma
- At least 3 years of experience working with carbon composite materials and gelcoat application (preferably praying) on large composite parts
- Be able to set-up a gelcoat production process. This includes defining the needs from a health & safety, facility and tools perspective
- Be able to repair gelcoat imperfections
- Be able to transfer knowledge to other composite technicians
- A strong attention to detail and high internal quality standards
- Experience with workshop tools such as trimming tools and saws
- Experience in shopfloor environments
- To be physically allowed to work in an environment where you are exposed to dust particles and chemicals
- To be able to stand for extended periods and work hands-on
- Having a forklift license is a plus
- Excellent English written, reading and oral skills, Swedish is a plus
Join a stellar team
By bringing together some of the world’s brightest researchers and engineers, we are pushing the boundaries of marine transportation. We take great pride in building engagement within our teams. Our internal motto is “with a revolutionary spirit and kindness”, which translates into an open and honest work environment – work is hard but fun.
We are a 50-strong, multinational team of experts within dynamic modelling, hardware design, hydrodynamics, control theory, machine learning, structural engineering work and production to build the next generation of waterborne transport.
This is a full-time position at our headquarter and production facility at Gåshaga, Lidingö. Working language is English, if you also know Swedish it will be a benefit for yourself, but it is not a prerequisite for the role.
The selection and interview process is ongoing, so send your application in English shortly. We hope you can start as soon as possible. Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!