As a team we are very diverse, covering 11 nationalities and specialties ranging from electronics design to composite lamination. We love and are 100% focused on what we do, but are at the same time conscious about finding an acceptable balance with our lives outside Candela. And being good to each other is key – work is hard but should be fun. Candela is a great place to work. And an insanely cool Product.
Candela’s ultimate purpose is to speed up the transition to fossil fuel-free lakes and oceans. We strive to re-think efficiency in marine transportation to radically push the performance boundaries of electric boats and ships.
By combining sensors, computers and advanced submerged hydrofoils, our electric craft fly above the water, reaching speeds and range previously attained only by fossil fuel powerboats.
After launching Candela C-7, Europe’s currently best-selling electric boat, we are venturing into public transport with the revolutionary foiling P-30 ferry, built for the city of Stockholm.
Production takes place in our factory in Stockholm, where a 50-strong, multinational team of experts within dynamic modelling, hardware design, hydrodynamics, control theory, machine learning and structural engineering work to build the next generation of waterborne transport.
We are now looking for a highly motivated Production Development Engineer to support Candela’s growth ambitions.
As Production Development Engineer you will be responsible for improving Candela’s production processes and efficiency. This means:
- Being the link between R&D and Production, you will set and implement new production processes, quality standards and manufacturing techniques.
- You will work with efficiently introducing new products into the production stage.
- You will research, evaluate and implement automation initiatives.
- You will analyze, summarize, and drive initiatives to further improve our production’s delivery precision, quality and cost performance.
- You will evaluate different manufacturing techniques, perform supplier evaluations and implement new ways of working.
- You will assist our COO and production manager with daily tasks, investigations and implementations.
To be successful in the role you need:
- Master's degree within disciplines such as Engineering, Manufacturing, or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level
- 5+ years of experience within manufacturing of physical products consisting of a variety of different disciplines.
- Be knowable about different manufacturing techniques for a variety of material types (carbon fiber, metal, plastics).
- Be capable to critically analyze complex designs and understand the areas where robustness, tolerances and performance are key.
- Experience with best practice methods of production planning, flow, and logistics. Experience with setting up new production lines is a plus.
- Ability to rapidly assimilate and synthesize complex information while often changing direction due to new insights.
- Be able to drive change and work in a fast growing company where you will hold a wide variety of roles.
- Experience in both non-office work environments and office environments.
- Experience in environments requiring a strong sense of responsibility.
- Experience with CAD modelling software and technical drawing interpretation is a plus.
- Excellent English written and oral skills, Swedish is a plus.
Join a stellar team
By bringing together some of the world’s brightest researchers and engineers, we are pushing the boundaries of marine transportation. We take great pride in building engagement within our teams. Our internal motto is “with a revolutionary spirit and kindness”, which translates into an open and honest work environment – work is hard but fun.
This is a full-time position at our Headquarter and production facility in Gåshaga, Lidingö. Working language is English, if you also know Swedish it will be a benefit for yourself, but it is not a prerequisite for the role.
The selection and interview process is ongoing, so send your application in English as soon as it’s ready. Primary location is our Headquarter and production facility in Gåshaga, Lidingö. Last day to apply is August 23rd, 2021. Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!