As a team we are very diverse, covering 11 nationalities and specialties ranging from electronics design to composite lamination. We love and are 100% focused on what we do, but are at the same time conscious about finding an acceptable balance with our lives outside Candela. And being good to each other is key – work is hard but should be fun. Candela is a great place to work. And an insanely cool Product.
Candela’s ultimate purpose is to speed up the transition to fossil fuel-free lakes and oceans. We strive to re-think efficiency in marine transportation to radically push the performance boundaries of electric boats and ships.
By combining sensors, computers and advanced submerged hydrofoils, our electric craft fly above the water, reaching speeds and range previously attained only by fossil fuel powerboats.
After launching Candela C-7, Europe’s currently best-selling electric boat, we are venturing into public transport with the revolutionary foiling P-30 ferry, built for the city of Stockholm.
Production takes place in our factory in Stockholm, where a 50-strong, multinational team of experts within dynamic modelling, hardware design, hydrodynamics, control theory, machine learning and structural engineering work to build the next generation of waterborne transport.
We are now looking for a highly motivated Team Leader Mechanical Engineering to support Candela’s growth ambitions.
The Team Leader Mechanical Engineering is responsible for managing all projects running in the Mechanical Team of the R&D Department in Candela. He/she will have full ownership of the mechanical development of our innovative products. This means:
- You take lead on process improvements for all mechanical development work.
- You contribute to that the team follow time and budget targets.
- You will be our technical interface in discussions with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- You will identify & communicate risks related to the design, development, implementation.
- You ensure the quality of the performed efforts of your team and you balance cost, speed and quality, both for prototyping and mass production.
- You coordinate and define the different activities within your team, according to the priorities and competences of each one in your team.
- You ensure the correct implementation and execution of the existing processes and work flows in these areas. You identify and cooperate in the elaboration of improvement opportunities of these processes.
You will report to our CEO.
To be successful in the role you probably:
- You have an engineering degree (industrial, electromechanical or mechanical).
- You have 10-15 years experience in similar role.
- You are skilled in manufacturing methods and the manufacturing industry, moreover you are used to working close with production.
- You are a strong team player and an excellent people manager.
- You have the ability to stay thorough and focused even in a high paced work environment.
- You are a perseverant person with a goal-oriented and analytical mindset.
- You have previous experience with Catia.
Join a stellar team
By bringing together some of the world’s brightest researchers and engineers, we are pushing the boundaries of marine transportation. We take great pride in building engagement within our teams. Our internal motto is “with a revolutionary spirit and kindness”, which translates into an open and honest work environment – work is hard but fun.
This is a full-time position at our Headquarter and production facility in Gåshaga, Lidingö. Working language is English, if you also know Swedish it will be a benefit for yourself, but it is not a prerequisite for the role.
The selection and interview process is ongoing, so send your application in English as soon as it’s ready. Primary location is our Headquarter and production facility in Gåshaga, Lidingö. Last day to apply is July 31st, 2021. Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!