Candela’s ultimate purpose is to speed up the transition to fossil fuel-free lakes and oceans. We strive to re-think efficiency in marine transportation to radically push the performance boundaries of electric boats and ships.
By combining sensors, computers and advanced submerged hydrofoils, our electric craft fly above the water, reaching speeds and range previously attained only by fossil fuel powerboats.
After launching Candela C-7, Europe’s currently best-selling electric boat, we just launched Candela C-8, the first electric boat intended for high volume production. We are also venturing into public transport with the revolutionary foiling P-30 ferry, built for the city of Stockholm.
As Candela continues its development with new products, we are looking for a highly motivated Senior Electronics Engineer to join the team. The candidate must be an experienced professional with a strong understanding of electric motors, inverters, and the integration of these components. The successful candidate will work with the R&D team at Candela to ensure success of our products.
What you’ll do:
- Take ownership in development of marine electric powertrain systems through all engineering stages, from drawing board to finished product
- Set system requirements and specifications
- Work with system/component integration validation and testing
- Work closely with our electrical, software, mechanical and composite engineers as needed to assign requirements, discuss tradeoffs, perform design reviews, & ensure successful integration
- Be our technical interface in discussions with suppliers
- Be involved with system certification and compliance
- Identify & communicates risks related to the design, development, implementation
- Act as technical support to our service team
To be successful in the role you probably have:
- 5+ years of experience within the area of electrical engineering
- Fundamental knowledge of electrical rotational machines and motor controller topologies and the testing and validation thereof, is required
- Understanding of related components such as batteries, chargers, converters, control electronics and embedded software
- Experience from the automotive industry is beneficial
- Comfortable with initiating and taking ownership of projects
- Excellent communication skills and team-oriented attitude
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
Join a stellar team
By bringing together some of the world’s brightest researchers and engineers, we are pushing the boundaries of marine transportation. We take great pride in building engagement within our teams. Our internal motto is “with a revolutionary spirit and kindness”, which translates into an open and honest work environment – work is hard but fun.
We are a 50-strong, multinational team of experts within dynamic modelling, hardware design, hydrodynamics, control theory, machine learning, structural engineering work and production to build the next generation of waterborne transport.
This is a full-time position at our Headquarter and production facility in Gåshaga, Lidingö. Working language is English, if you also know Swedish it will be a benefit for yourself, but it is not a prerequisite for the role.
The selection and interview process is ongoing, so send your application in English as soon as possible. Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via mail.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!